Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Been Awhile, I'm Aware...

Here are some pics from our beautiful Thanksgiving in Quogue.

Our plates- I got made fun of for the size of mine :)

Mom and Lu made the mashed. Peg made the gravy.


Peggy's beautiful 18-lb turkey.

I made this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie recipe, which I won't link becuase I wouldn't recommend it. It turned out beautiful but I don't think I would make it again. A lot of people said it didn't need the chocolate, but I like the concept of Chocolate Pecan Pie, so I might just find a better pecan pie recipe that doesn't involve bourbon next time.
Sweet Potatoes with marshmallows- A classic Flaum tradition- we took a few wrong turns on this recipe though....Make sure you roast the sweet potatoes in their skin...i'm an idiot. We ended up supplementing them with some canned candied yams, which gave it a fake sweet taste that I didn't really like.

It was a classy spread.

No comments: