Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cabbage Stir Fry- Who knew?


Never thought I liked cabbage til I tried out this recipe my friend Kristin sent me. With all this cabbage from the Fruit and Veggie Co-op, it was a good thing this recipe was so tasty...I liked it so much I made two batches that night for dinner and another one the next day for lunch.

2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, chopped
6 cups shredded cabbage (1/2 medium head)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon liquid honey
1 tablespoon dry sherry, optional
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Over medium heat, melt butter in a large frying pan. Stir in onion and sesame seeds and cook for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes longer or until tender. Add remaining ingredient and cook everything together a few more minuts until the liquid cooks down and become syrupy. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

No comments: