Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Caramel Apple Blackout Cake and Mujadara for a Veggie Potluck

Barbara headed up this vegan cake project which we brought to a vegetarian pot-luck. Whole wheat flour, no dairy....actually really delicious!


The key was the homemade caramel that Patrick quickly mastered on the first try, and freshly picked Autumn apples. Recipe Here.

I tried to repeat an incredible dish I had in Arad, Israel--unsuccessfully may I add. It's called Mujadara, and it's a lentil and onion dish, that when made correctly, melts in your mouth. Mine just kind of tasted like all of the ingredients I put into it....oh well. Not providing the recipe because I want to spare you all from trying it. I think the one I had used A LOT of oil...:)

2 comments:

Karlo Lopez said...

i'm about to make this for my class, ill make sure to add more oil.

Karlo Lopez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.