Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Hors D'Oeuvres

For New Years this year, Ali O and I decided to take advantage of our open schedules and cook as much as we possibly could. We came up with seven hors d'oeuvres to create and spent three and a half of the busiest hours of my life producing them. In actuality, only five hungry people showed up to eat them; I guess 8:30 is a little late for dinner? Anyways, the process was worth it and the final products turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.


Mini Apple Cheddar Bacon Quiches from Closet Cooking


Spicy Pumpkin Hummus on French Bread Crostinis with Fresh Parsley


Carrs Crackers with Goat Cheese and Mango Chutney. (not homemade)

Classic Stufed Mushrooms- (Note to self: Make sure to buy big enough mushrooms to stuff next time!)
Top Row: Dates wrapped in Bacon stuffed with walnuts, inspired by this amazing post on Mark Bittman's blog.
Bottom Row: Filo Samosa Turnovers from one of my favorite cookbooks: Everyday Greens

Happy New Years!

No comments: